E.I.G. Developments Pty Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy. We firmly believe that your personal information should be treated respectfully and confidentially and we would like to reassure you of our position on this matter. This Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent (Privacy Statement) is provided to you to inform you of our position on privacy and your rights under the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles.
References to the words “we”, “us”, “our” and “E.I.G. Developments Pty Ltd”, as the context requires, are references to E.I.G. Developments Pty Ltd ACN 602 301 842 and its related companies (including subsidiaries) whether acting collectively or alone.
• Reference to “your information” in this Privacy Statement is used to mean personal information that we obtain from you.
• We collect and will only collect your information by lawful and fair means.
• We collect and will collect your information primarily for the purpose of providing you with products and services requested by you. You agree and consent to us collecting and maintaining your information for this purpose.
Collection of your information is essential for us to service both your relationship with us and our business operations. Without your information, we may be unable to assist in providing you with our products and services.
• We will not collect sensitive information, for example, information that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation unless: a) You consent to the collection; b) The collection is required by law; or c) The collection is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal or equitable claim.
• Your information will only be used and disclosed for: a) The purpose for which it was collected or for a directly related purpose that you would reasonably expect from us; b) Improving our service to you, such as, informing you of our other activities, products, services and events; c) Performing our internal administration & operations including accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development & testing & staff training; d) Purposes permitted, required or authorized by or under law; e) The enforcement of legal proceedings, where disclosure is reasonably necessary; or f) Any other purpose, where you have consented to its use for that purpose.
• You have the right to request not to receive direct marketing material.
• Your information will not be disclosed to a third party unless: a) You consent to the disclosure; b) The third party is our agent or contractor. We require our agents and contractors to keep your information confidential and to use it only for the purpose for which it was disclosed; c) The disclosure is permitted, required or authorized by or under law; or d) The disclosure is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of legal proceedings.
• We usually disclose information to the following: agents, contractors and organizations: team members, employees, affiliated organizations involved with us that provide credit to you banks or other lenders, mailing houses (for newsletter distribution), solicitors, settlement agents and any person considering acquiring or taking an interest in our business or assets (such as franchisees).
• We will not use or disclose any identifier (such as a tax file number) that has been assigned by a government agency (or by an agent or contractor of a government agency), except where required by law.
• We will not transfer your information outside Australia unless we have your consent to do so.
• If you supply us with personal information about another person, you agree to show them this Privacy Statement and inform the person that: a) We are holding personal information about that person and he or she can contact us by the means set out in this Privacy Statement; b) Personal information collected about that person will be used for the primary purpose set out in this Privacy Statement and that without that personal information, this purpose cannot be fulfilled; c) Personal information collected about that person will usually be disclosed to third party agents and contractors described in this Privacy Statement; and d) That person has the right to access and correct personal information we hold about him or her by the means set out in this Privacy Statement.
• You may gain access to your information upon request by contacting us email@example.com or by telephone on (03) 9629 6662. We will provide you access to your requested information in a form and manner suitable to your needs, unless: a) Providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of any individual; b) Providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of any individual; c) The request for access is frivolous or vexatious; d) The information related to an existing legal dispute between us & you, & the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings; e) Providing access would reveal our intentions in relation to negotiations with you in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations; f) Providing access would be unlawful; g) Denying access is specifically authorized by law; or h) Providing access would be likely to prejudice an investigation, prevention, detection or prosecution of unlawful activity or suspected unlawful activity.
• Where providing access to your information would reveal evaluative information generated within E.I.G. Developements in connection with a commercially sensitive decision making process, we may give you an explanation for the decision, rather than direct access to the information. If we give you such an explanation and you believe that direct access to the evaluative information is necessary, we will at your request undertake a review of the decision by personnel other than the original decision maker.
• Wherever access is denied, we will consider whether the use of mutually agreed intermediaries would allow sufficient access to meet the needs of both parties.
• If we levy charges for providing access to your information, those charges: a) Will be reasonable and will not be excessive; and b) Will not apply to lodging a request for access.
• If we hold information about you and you notify us that the information is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information to ensure that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
• We will maintain safeguards to protect your information against unauthorized use, disclosure, access, alteration, destruction, and accidental loss. We have internal policies on privacy and management of personal information and we are committed to training staff to ensure compliance with these policies.
• We will conduct periodic internal audits to ensure that our privacy policies are being complied with and remain appropriate and effective.
This Privacy Statement may change from time to time to reflect changes to the law. If you have any suggestions or concerns that are not addressed in this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by telephone on (03) 9629 6662.